Unbundled Legal Services
What Are Unbundled Legal Services?
Unbundled legal services, also known as limited scope or discrete task representation, is where the attorney and the client make an agreement to limit the scope of the attorney’s involvement in a case down to specific tasks.
For example, an attorney might offer to help a client prepare court documentation or draft written arguments. The attorney can also offer to give the client step-by-step instructions on filing, court procedures, and in Colorado, an attorney might offer to enter a limited appearance.
Unbundled Legal Services Sample Fees
Letter or Phone Call – $150-$300
Case Research + Advice/Coaching – $250-$500
Document Review + Advice/Coaching – $250-$500
Document Preparation + Advice/Coaching – $500-$750
Limited Scope Representation: Doc Prep + Advice/Coaching + Limited Appearance – $1000-$1500
Muhaisen & Muhaisen, LLC offers unbundled legal services.
Unbundled legal services are a cost-effective way to obtain legal services and support from a Colorado attorney without being represented by a lawyer. Unbundled services will allow you to consult with an attorney who will help you to understand the scope of your legal matter and assist you to prepare for upcoming hearings, prepare a pleading, and/or review a separation agreement.
Unbundled services will allow you to consult with a lawyer who will advise you on an hourly basis and you will pay as you go. With unbundled services you are representing yourself but with a lawyer’s guidance.
The assistance you receive will allow you to:
- Receive legal guidance about your Colorado legal matter
- Understand the legal process
- Understand your legal documents
- Prepare for hearings
The Limitations of Unbundled Services:
- You represent yourself and are not being represented by an attorney
- The attorney who is offering you unbundled services will not appear with you in court,
- The attorney will not track your case, and
- The attorney will not communicate with opposing counsel or the opposing party.
When you agree to unbundled legal services, you are solely responsible for the following:
- Meeting all court deadlines
- Meeting all discovery requests
- Filing all appropriate pleadings
- Communicating with the court and opposing counsel
- General management of your case
- Understanding the applicable law, court order, and court rules
Go at it alone or give a law firm a huge retainer? Sometimes there is no cost-effective, proportional third option. Until now.
Unbundled legal services are a cost-effective way to obtain legal services and support from a Colorado attorney without being represented by a lawyer. Whether you need a document drafted or reviewed, or help with a step in your court case, contact us now.